VCA and HMS are proud to present the Ewon Flexy 205! The Flexy is a multi-faceted device, with so many capabilities all packed into one product. With the Flexy, you will have: IIoT Gateway with VPN Connectivity, Remote connectivity, On-premise Data Monitoring, and Data Collection for IoT Applications. These are just some of the amazing features you could be utilizing. Learn more about the Ewon Flexy by reading below!
Discover the interchangeable extension cards of the Ewon Flexy: Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, USB, Ethernet WAN. These allow you to keep up with the evolution of communication technologies while protecting your investment in the device. This will allow you to customize the Flexy for your particular application.
The Ewon Flexy offers many services to manage your data. For example:
- Alarm Management and Notification
- Data Logging and Retrieval
- Data Publishing protocols: OPC UA, Modbus, MQTT, SNMP, HTTPs
- Local web-dashboards / ViewON
- Cloud live KPI’s
- Programming (Basic & Java)
Flexy is OPC UA Ready. Securely enable your data from your machines to your Factory Enterprise System! OPC UA is a communication protocol for a secure and reliable exchange of data in industrial automation applications. It provides a huge advantage of being platform-independent and ensures the seamless flow of information among devices from multiple vendors. From sensors to cloud, OPC UA is fully scalable, object oriented and allows you to use structures or models which makes governance and maintenance much easier.
The Ewon Flexy performs local data acquisition using the serial or Ethernet port. The data acquisition process is built around a tagged database in which each tag is associated with an I/O server. The Ewon Flexy performs data acquisition with the following protocols: Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, Uni-Telway, EtherNet/IP, DF1, FINS TCP, FINS Hostlink, ISO TCP, PPI, MPI, Profibus, Mitsubishi FX, Hitachi EH, ASCII.
Data logging and retrieval is simplified with continuous data logging and buffering performed on every tagname.
- Each tagname can be logged on a fixed interval or on change (with deadband).
- Ewon stores tag data values (+ timestamp) in its internal database (up to 1,000,000 timestamp points) for statistical analysis and later review (historical logging) or to analyze recent trends (real-time logging).
- In addition, the DataMailbox service of Talk2M is an online data buffer that allows the easy retrieval of Ewon gateway’s historical data.
- Application developers can easily retrieve historical data from multiple Ewon gateways using the DataMailbox and a simple API call.
Connect your Flexy to different clouds, including Talk2M. Direct connection to Azure IoT Hub (Microsoft) and AWS IoT (Amazon) are also possible, even if you want to use Talk2M, our Flexy is certified to connect to these other clouds. Data is stored locally so you can get started today. Choose an external cloud and you won’t be locked in.
Founded in 1999, VCA is a member of the Standard Electric Supply Co. family of companies. With over 120 years of engineering expertise in industrial automation and controls, we are considered THE preferred distributor partner for over 150 manufacturer suppliers including: ABB, WAGO, Red Lion, Tosibox, HMS and many more. Visit vcawi.com to see how VCA can become the solution to your needs.
Vision | Control & Automation