VCA and WAGO are offering CODESYS, a software platform for industrial automation technology. The core of the platform is the IEC-61131-3 programming tool “CODESYS Development System.”
It offers engineers practice-oriented, integrated solutions for the convenient configuration of automation applications. This makes it a versatile solution that helps users implement various tasks since it is compatible with PLC hardware as well as many other automation components.
Benefits & Features:
- Every one of the five PLC programming languages covered by the IEC 61131-3 standard — ladder diagram, function block diagram, sequential function chart, structured text, and instruction list — is supported by CODESYS. This flexibility allows users to develop controllers in the language that they are most comfortable with.
- CODESYS creates a uniform system that supports a huge number of PLCs and automation components being used by a company, allowing system designers to work within any one of them as needed. This simplifies the integration of new products into a system.
- Several million CODESYS-compatible devices and approximately 1,000 different device types from over 500 manufacturers make CODESYS the leading manufacturer-independent IEC 61131-3 automation suite.
- Optional add-on modules for methodical application development, including UML, version management, and test automation.
- Installation, maintenance, and training required only for a single user interface: Minimization of engineering effort.
- CODESYS has been around for more than 20 years now, and it has been constantly updated to keep up with the latest technological advancements. It is a powerful tool that can be used by both beginners and experts alike.
- No need to reinvent the wheel. There is a library of reusable function blocks and code samples to pull from.
- Easy connection to a convenient Industry 4.0 platform for managing control landscapes per cloud.
Please see the video below on how to implement object-oriented programming using CODEYS. This is a good introduction to the future of automation programming. Also, object-oriented programming allows OEMs to easily design and deploy programs for new lines.
For more information on CODESYS visit: https://www.codesys.com/the-system/why-codesys.html
Additionally, WAGO offers Compact Controller 100 (CC-100), the cost-effective CODESYS 3-supported PLC that has been adapted for the control of manufacturing processes and activities that require high reliability, ease of programming, and process fault diagnosis. Click here to learn more!