Are you currently using ABB’s ACS550 general purpose drive? If you are, it’s time to start considering updating your drives to the ACS580 series instead.
As of July 1, 2021 the ACS550 will transition to the Classic phase of their life cycle phase. While a full range of services and support are still available for these products, it’s expected that in 2023 they will be transitioned to the Limited phase, where a limited range of services and support are available.
How the ACS580 is your next best choice.
ACS580 general purpose drives were designed to simplify your processes and motor control with effortless process automation. The ACS580 is compatible with a wide array of application, making it easy to comprehensively manage your plant. it is part of ABB’s all-compatible drives portfolio, sharing the same architecture and user interfaces for easy usability. It is plug-in ready to control your compressors, conveyors, mixers, pumps, centrifuges, fans and many other variable and constant torque applications in different industries.
- Easy to select, install and use
- All essential features are built into the drive for minimized number of external components
- Many built-in control functions for simplified automation and process control
- Straightforward settings menu and assistants for fast commissioning
- Energy efficiency features for optimal energy use
- Connect to any automation system or use stand-alone
- Wide availability and support
- Designed for reliability and consistent high quality
To learn more about transitioning from the ACS550 to the ACS580, click here.