Designed to meet the requirements of modern decentralized production facilities WAGO’s new I/O System Field provides maximum performance and high-level connectivity with an IP67 rating. The I/O System Field offers superior flexibility with two housing types: cast zinc and non-encapsulated with electronics.
The metal cast zinc housing devices are Profinet based and have input and output power ports for use with daisy chained modules, while EtherNet/IP and EtherCAT protocols will be supported in future releases. These modules were also designed for the time-sensitive networking (TSN) standard, support OPC UA communications and through Bluetooth technology can be configured via smart device app.
The non-encapsulated modules are lightweight, IO-Link hubs for versatile connection to an IO-Link Client. These hubs are available in your choice of 8 or 16 configurable DIO ports and each channel is configurable for a 24 VDC digital input or output rated at 2 amps per channel.
WAGO’s I/O System field allows you to extend your network connectivity, combine a functionality and aesthetics, integrate power management with innovative load management and have an all-in-one solution for both data collection and distribution with a variety of connector and cable possibilities.
Extended Network Connectivity
▪ Connect through your industrial fieldbus network
▪ Platform-independent data exchange through OPC UA
▪ Fast and distributed access to module information via Bluetooth®
▪ Access to system information via integrated Webserver
Combined Functionality and Aesthetics
▪ IP67 metal housings with encapsulated electronics for extreme environments
▪ Non-encapsulated, lightweight IP67 plastic housings for mobile applications
▪ Detailed identification, convenient marking options and clearly visible LEDs
Integrated Load Management
▪ High-capacity power supply: 32 amp module supply, 2 amps per DO, and a 4 amp supply for IO-Link devices
▪ Adjustable output current limitation
▪ Power consumption monitoring
▪ Current and voltage alarming
▪ Monitoring voltages and currents (per channel and module-wide)
▪ Channel-based temperature monitoring
All-in-one Solution with IO-Link
▪ End-to-end cloud and fieldbus communication with IO-Link
▪ Simplified wiring eases planning
▪ Automatic data setup for replacement modules
▪ Up to 8 IO-Link hubs per module – Up to 4 amps per IO-Link port – Up to 128 digital IOs on one master
▪ Star topology for short line paths
▪ Fewer IP addresses